Sunday, September 23, 2012

Zucchini and baby leeks with pasta

I was planning to cook this recipe but as usual I had not paid a great deal of attention to the quantities in the recipe when shopping. So when I got it out tonight and saw 250g pasta, feeds 4 I thought - well I am going to have to upscale this - might as well adapt it to suit myself.

Put the saute pan on a low flame to preheat. Then add 1 teaspoon rice bran oil and brush it over the surface.

I had zucchini (lots of zucchini) and some baby leeks I had bought. I decided to use a red onion to add colour to the dish. So I gave my new vegie twister a run. Zucchini ribbons - done! Cut up the leeks and onion and chop the garlic finely.
I cut up 175g of ham and measured out 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese I had previously grated in my Thermomix

The pan should be hot by now. I put in the onion and leeks and fried for about 5 minutes until starting to soften.
Then add the garlic and zucchini and fry for 2-3 minutes longer
Add ham and keep cooking on a low heat
While you are doing all this have the pasta cooking in another pan
Whisk a can of evaporated milk with an egg and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.

 Add to pan and wait till it is bubbling. Then add 2 teaspoons cornflour you have mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water. Never mix cornflour with warm water - it will go lumpy
Stir for about a minute more and then add pasta to the sauce and put the whole lot into a serving bowl.
This served eight and calculated out to be 8 ProPoints per serve and 2 serves vegies. We had it with a big bowl of green salad.
8 ProPoints per serve



No comments:

Post a Comment