Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cauliflower Soup

No exciting pictures for this one - plain white soup is hard to photograph and I am not a professional food stylist.

I tried this last night - we were late in and I would rather rev up the TM31 than buy takeaway.

The recipe is simple to the point of being ridiculous - no onion or garlic, just water, salt and cauliflower, cooked, then a little oil, butter and flour added at the end.

The recipe is available in the Every Day Cookbook (EDC on the forums) which is described here and is included in your original Thermomix purchase.

I didn't reduce the fat at all - but I think I could have but I wasn't sure how far I could go.

This soup is a DREAM - it was delicious - the velvety texture was unbelievable. At 3 ProPoints per serve it was a fantastic quick dinner - just add fresh baked rolls which don't need butter on them and the meal is complete.




I am thinking of repeating the experiment with an orange cauli, less fat and a teaspoon of cumin.

(I think the purple option might look too much like Bridget Jones string soup.)

No comments:

Post a Comment